Many smaller businesses feel that they may not be larger enough for traditional security measures and devices, but they couldn’t be more wrong! Often times smaller businesses are the target of burglars and thieves because of the smaller-scale operation, burglars feel they can get in and out much quicker. Some of the biggest misconceptions that we hear are that
- My business isn’t large enough to need video surveillance cameras
- An access control system would serve no purpose for my business as we don’t have people coming and going all day
- We don’t need high security locks because we don’t have expensive inventory or machinery
Many smaller businesses simply feel that the industry in which they are in or the size of their property dictates what type of security features or equipment they should have. Any sized business can benefit from video surveillance cameras, as you can have as many or as little as you need. These cameras are great for recording events 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
An access control system simply allows you to control who is coming or going from your property at any time. While many larger corporations use it to control different departments of their office building, smaller businesses can benefit from access control by restricting access to their property, forcing any guests or visitors to check in with a security manager, or security guard.
Every property should have high security locks, even if there is nothing of extreme value on the premises. You don’t want to have to deal with burglars breaking into your property, going through rooms, offices, and supply closets in search of something. By having high security locks, you can potentially prevent a break in from happening all together.
Ready for a security tune up? Call Security Lock Systems at 813-874-1608 and lets discuss your security needs together. We will build you a customized security plan that meets the security needs of your property and budget!
- Preventing Internal Theft in the Spring Construction Season - April 26, 2022
- Why Now is the Time for Access Control in Manufacturing - March 23, 2022
- Security Solutions for the Manufacturing Sector - February 21, 2022